Using public transportation to get to work now offers tax savings.
To use the benefit, simply use your Cobee card to pay for your ticket or season ticket at any ATM that accepts VISA cards.
Where can I use it?
You can use it on public, collective and recurrent public transport. On the metro, train or bus, and at tobacconists or ticket sales and season ticket recharging establishments (physical and online). In other words, you can pay for your season ticket, as well as long and medium distance train tickets.
- Public transport: affordable for the majority of society.
- Collective transport: that at least seven people can use it at the same time.
However, in Spain this benefit cannot be used for private transport:
- Scooters and bicycles: although they are for public use they are not collective transport.
- Fuel: your private car is not considered a means of public or collective transport, so petrol, diesel, LPG, etc. cannot be paid for with the Cobra card. cannot be paid for with the Cobee card.
- Car sharing services such as Zity.
- Taxis, Uber or Cabify: These types of services do not comply with the requirement, established by law, of being public and collective means of transport.
- Aeroplanes: Although they are considered collective transport goods, they are not considered public, as they are not easily affordable for the majority of a society.
What are the limitations?
This benefit is exempt from Personal Income Tax for the employee.
The available monthly exempt limit can always be consulted on the Consumption screen. You have up to €136.36 each month. Except in the Basque Country where it is not exempt.
Every month, you have €136.36 tax-free. When you consume less, you can reserve that balance on your card for subsequent months. How does the balance accumulation work?
A trip of more than 136,36€? If you accumulate you can reach the amount you need 🚂.